Monday 14 July 2014

My Goals for Q3

Where did the first half of the year go? It seems to have disappeared along with my productivity! With a baby due in Q4 I really need to make progress on my WIP/UFO pile so here's hoping for a VERY productive Q3......

It's a long list so I'll try and keep my descriptions short ;0)

1. Caravan Curtain Bag.



I'd originally planned to just make a tote similar to my Echo Bag (self drafted pattern) but I've decided that I need to be a little more adventurous and purchased the pattern for Noodleheads 241 tote. I cut out all my pattern pieces and interfaced them on Monday night so I'm all set to go!


2. Liberty Pouch.



I need somewhere to store my new set of screwdrivers so I'd better get a move on!


3. HST Cushion.



A new addition to the list. Here we have 240 1.5" HST which I made from trimmings from a (sort of) secret project. I plan on turning them into a cushion for one of Anwen's friends, and if I have any left over maybe a little wide open pouch.


4. Secret Quilt.

Another new addition. I have a plan. But I'm scared that the plan won't work out so I don't want to reveal exactly what it is just yet. I'm hoping that Katy will take the picture of the HSTs above as proof that I have indeed started this quilt. I've sewn all the blocks and I just (ha) need to press them, sew them together and then quilt it.


5. Wee Wander for Millie.



And my last new addition. A friend of the family has just had a little girl and I hope to turn this bundle into a quilt loosely inspired by Susan's HR Fanclub Quilt by the time she turns three months (and not three years old).


6. Anwen's Quilt - Side 1.



I've added borders to bring it up to size. I've pieced a back. Must. Get. This. Quilted.


7. Kaffe Snowball.




Thanks to the peeps on Instagram I think I've decided on the borders. I just need to order the fabric (I only have fat quarters of these prints and I'm hoarding them for something, who knows what, in the future) and decide if I'm going to buy a backing or use a vintage sheet from my stash. Oh yes, then there's the small matter of adding the borders and quilting it!

8. Summer Solstice.



For some reason I've managed to piece a back for this quilt but still haven't started piecing the front! I doubt that I'll have it finished by the end of the quarter but I'm keeping it on the list in the hope that it encourages me to pick it up from time to time ;0)

9. Oakshott Quilt Bed Runner.



Marged's managed to doodle (with a permanent marker!!!) all over our current, shop bought, bed runner. So I've decided that instead of turning this into a full quilt I'll just make a little runner for our bed. That way, I'm hoping, making the bed in the morning might put a smile on my face.

10. Plus Quilt.



This is a very long shot - but you never know right?

So that's it. Ten hopeful finishes for Q3. Wait a minute. Didn't I have ten on my list at the start of Q2? I thought that the whole point of this FAL was to reduce my pile of UFOs/WIPs? Oh well, I suppose people will carry on having babies and these babies go on to have birthdays!

Linking up to our hostess with the mostess, Katy.

I'm pretty sure that without the Finish-A-Long this list would be twice as long as, although I don't seem to finish much, it does (sort of) keep me focused and stop me from starting too many projects!


Finish Along 2014

5 comments:

  1. That is quite a list - but all of them seem like a lot of fun. Enjoy working on your projects! Congrats for the baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bag for your screwdrivers... I always suspected you had a screw loose ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you are busy!! I had no idea you were expecting! Congratulations xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ambitious as ever! You have a lovely list to work on, and some wonderful finishes in your earlier post. Sorry about the coffee that never happened ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely long list of projects! But a bag for your screwdrivers?! Oh and love 2-4-1 totes - love all Anna's patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment as they really do brighten up my day. I'm pretty good at replying to comments but if one slips through the net I apologise - I'll try harder next time!