Wednesday 4 February 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

In an attempt to stop my posts about finished items (few and far between as they are) from getting quite as long in future I'm going to try and blog more about them along the way.

So today's Wednesday and I actually got some sewing done last week!

I've tried my best to make Anwen's friends a little something handmade for their birthdays. I started last year when I made Mali a little zippy pouch.

It was around the time that the Economy block was all the rage on instagram and I knew that I didn't have the time (or the fussy cuttable stash) to make a full quilt. Making this block out of my Aneela Hoey stash seemed to satisfy my sheep like tendencies a little :0)

Anyway, I've managed to make each member of Anwen's closest group of friends either some kind of pouch or cushion cover for their birthday and now we've come around to Mali's birthday again.

As she got a pouch last year I decided to make her a cushion cover this year. With her birthday being at the start of the year it's coincided with another ...along on instagram. This year it's the #scrappylogcabinqal . With a quick baaaaa I dove into my bag of Aneela scraps and pulled out all the strings. I started with a fussy cut little rabbit and then just added the next strip that was closest to the size required. I didn't pay any attention to value and little attention to colour (I just tried to make sure that I didn't have two of the same colour/print touching) and before long I had a cushion top.


It's around 18.5" square. I've bought a 18" cushion pad thinking that quilting and the actual cushion seams will take this down to around 17". I do like to overstuff my cushions.

You'd think that since this was last Tuesday and Mali's party was on Saturday I'd have basted this straight away in the hope of getting it finished, however, Mali would have to wait as someone else had already been waiting a lot longer....

And she's still waiting. Anwen went to the party on Saturday empty handed. Luckily Mali and her mum both know what I'm like by now and know that she will get something eventually. In the hope that Mali doesn't have to wait five months like Esyllt had to though I'm going to make Mali's Cushion my February goal for ALYoF.



And linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



And with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I like seeing the progress as well as.the finished article Catrin, so I look forward to reading lots more progress reports! I am sure that you will finish Mali' s cushion soon, it will be worth waiting for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting that far, you just have to play the 'I've got a tiny baby' card for as long as you can. Congratulations too on knowing what you made for her last year, I really struggle to remember so end up giving something not handmade for fear of duplicating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on making handmade gifts for the girls' friends! And it's great to read progress posts, their about the only posts I've written for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, the poor child will ever more be the recipient of your start along itis ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment as they really do brighten up my day. I'm pretty good at replying to comments but if one slips through the net I apologise - I'll try harder next time!