1. Hooey pouch.
Anwen has fallen for Aneela Hooey fabrics almost as hard as I have. Whilst making a pillow for her friend's birthday I sewed up these panels for a small pouch for Anwen but didn't get as far as putting it all together - hopefully this will be my first (and not last) finish of quarter 2!
2. House quilt.
|I will kick myself if I don't get this done by the end of the quarter!|
|Have I mentioned that I love Vintage fabrics?|
5. A quilt for Mexico. Alison put the call out for quilts for street children in Mexico. These charms have been languishing in my stash for far too long so I'm just going to sew them together and quilt.
|Cut and ready to go!|
|Awful, Awful picture|
6. Kaffe Snowball. I rolled this one up and put it in a bag at the end of the workshop and haven't touched it since - first job - Press all those squares!
I have made some progress on this quilt during the last three months! I've pressed all the squares and I've got them hanging on a temporary design wall of sorts behind the TV in the living room. I 'snowballed' the top row using 2.5" squares as instructed in the workshop but it looks very wrong to me so I'm going to try with 2" squares and cross my fingers!
|Another awful picture|
7. Anwen's quilt side 1. I got some extra butterfly print from a discount LQS so I just need to add some extra wide borders, quilt and bind!
My frame is set up in the attic and it has really been too cold to spend anything more than five minutes up there. Now that the weather's taken a turn for the better I'm hoping that I'll manage to get some quilting done this quarter.
8. Summer Solstice. When Marelize put out a call for pattern testers it didn't take me long to put my hand up.
I've trawled through my scraps and made my initial selection, I just need to wait for payday now so that I can order the white solid for the background. I've finished all my cutting and this is ready to go. I'm really disgusted with myself that I committed to testing this pattern and didn't manage to stitch a single stitch before the pattern was released - I'm so sorry Marelize, all I can do is offer the excuse that I fell ill nearly as soon as I finished cutting and I have hardly sewn anything since then :0(
|It's been |
10. Plus Quilt. My Dad's still waiting for his Christmas present :-0 I've decided on a giant plus. The fabric's all been delivered. Need to get going.
His birthday's in July?
I'm really hoping that quarter two is going to be a little bit more productive than quarter one but I'm still not feeling much better so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Linking up as ever to the wonderful Katy, the hostess with the mostess. If you haven't written your list yet you really should - by my clock you have a whole 22 minutes to do so ;0)