Thanks also to everyone that commented on my quilt back conundrum
I decided to follow your advice and went for the blue on white vintage sheet
I also added some butterflies to stop the quilt from being 'too blue' and decided to add Cadi's name to the front instead of having it on the back.
|Really, when will I learn to take photos outside?|
Above you can see my butterfly placement audition. I was really pleased with this so carried it over to the ironing board and managed to do this -
|Can you spot the mistake?|
I mean really? And the letters are fused to the quilt top - there's no way they're coming off. It throws the whole quilt off balance but there's nothing I can do about it now. So I carried out sewing the butterflies on.
|Ops, that's the bobbin thread showing through - note to self - adjust tension next time.|
I sewed them onto the quilt sandwich not just the quilt top so that the shape of the butterfly could be seen on the back.
|Managed to get outside for this pic|
And this is where I stalled. I wasn't sure how to quilt it. I've only done straight line quilting so far and, due to the deadline for getting this quilt finished, don't have time to practice fmq. However I really didn't think that straight line quilting would work on this quilt. I really don't want to sew over the butterflies and don't fancy burying a thousand threads. Anyway, I gave it a shot
|Already too many threads to bury.|
And hated it. Just wasn't right at all. So now I've unpicked it and am contemplating where to go next......
Linking up to WIP Wednesday over with Lee at Freshly pieced